Thursday, March 10, 2011

Congratulations to Denmark!

I was on vacation and didn't get a chance to post my predictions for the winner...Just for the record, I got it wrong and I think this was my first mistake in years...

I picked CANADA and their acclaimed "Incendies" at the last minute over my alternate choice, DENMARK and "In A Better World".

Incidentally, I've only seen one of the nominees thus far ("Hors-la-Loi" from Algeria, which is very good but very, very long), but I plan to see the other four as they trickle into theatres in April.

When I've seen about half the submissions, I'll post what I think DESERVED to win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first time the Globes and Oscars have agreed in 6 years. Only the 7th time they have agreed on a winner in the last 20 years.

The other 6 being: The Sea Inside (2004), No Man's Land (2001), Crouching Tiger,Hidden Dragon (2000), All About My Mother (1999), Kolya (1996), and Indochine (1992).

I'm Danish, so it was cool to see them win, my money was on the Globe winner NOT taking the Oscar.